One relationship that I have that is a very cherished one, is that of me and my bed and pillows. They bring me so much comfort, peace and happiness. They are there for me whenever I am sick or tired, when I need a pillow to cry on, someone to cuddle with, to watch a movie with, eat breakfast with occasionally, read with, or for a good nap. We take good care of each other. I fluff the pillows and wash the sheets and turn the mattress twice a year. It is definitely a give and take relationship on both sides. We are very happy together. Another good relationship I have is with my sofa. It is similar to that of my bed. This is a fairly new relationship, but it is off to a very good start so far. Another is with my 4Runner. We have had some good times. Traveled together, gone running, hiking, biking, camping, to the beach, to the mountains, to lunch (of course we always end up eating at different places, but eventually together while driving somewhere) and played in the snow. We also have a very good give and take relationship and take good care of each other. Definitely a fun relationship.

Of the bad relationships I have, one definitely stands out among others. That is the relationship I have with my alarm clock. We HATE each other! It is disruptive and rude every single day to me. It wakes me from peaceful slumber with it's horrible noisiness at o’dark thirty in the morning. Very inconsiderate! I have also not been very nice in return though. I often curse and use bad language toward my alarm clock. I have been known to be physically abusive with it as well. I am not proud of this, but it is usually only in self defense. We do not have a good relationship, but amazingly it has endured. Why, I don’t know? But there it is, still going strong. We do have a dependency upon each other and that may have something to do with it.
I guess when it comes down to it you have to take the bad with the good. I know relationships come and go, but some will be there forever and you have to learn how to make them work. I think I will go hang out with my bed and pillows for a few hours before alarm clock gets rude again! *sigh*
Hey Annette
ReplyDeleteI just recently saw that you have a blog when I was on Haylie's. Hopefully you are doing well. :)