Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My eye, My eye!

Last Friday I woke up and my eye was really sore. I couldn't figure out why it would feel like I had been hit in the eye, but it did. It wasn't blue or black, but it just hurt. Right in the corner by the tear duct. When I worked out that night it was almost like I was crying. It just kept watering. And it throbbed, like when you can feel your heart beat in the area that it hurts. It made working out a little hard. But then I could feel some swelling in it too. So I made my way through the weekend thinking it would just go away. It didn't!

Today it hurt enough that I had to wear my glasses. I have never worn my glasses to work before so it threw everyone off. My friend did a double take and said, 'Whoa!' Then he told me that it made me look really smart. I guess as opposed to every other day when I apparently look stupid. It also started doing this weird thing where it would spasm and then release a flood of tears. Crazy eye! I finally went to see my optomitrist. She checked for anything in my eye, infection, blockage of the tear duct. As far as she could tell, I have just bruised my eye somehow.

I guess it was a rough night sleeping. So I just need to keep the swelling down and apply hot and cold compresses at this point. And apparently not punch myself in the eye while I sleep.

2 comments: