“God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” - Reinhold Niebuhr
I feel as though I have been neglectful in blogging lately. Mostly because my focus has been elsewhere. For the last few months I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out just where I fit into this life I call my own. This included the work I do, my social activities, and just generally trying to find myself again after a rough and somewhat dark few months. I made some decisions that I needed to change up some things in my life. So I began looking for new jobs. All my focus was to come home from work, workout, and then job search. I would do this nightly. I was beginning to get frustrated at even the lack of any response from places I had applied. I had also put the word out among friends, former college classmates and professors in the field I was looking. A couple of weeks ago, one of those contacts came through.
Happiness
One of my college professors emailed me asking if I was still looking and said that he had an architect in Salt Lake City looking for and Interior Designer with experience. He said he immediately thought of me and asked if I would like to talk to them. I got their information and prepared to contact them. This was on a Wednesday. On Friday I was able to speak with this architect. We had a very good conversation and he asked for me to send my resume and portfolio. I emailed it immediately thinking I would hear something in the next week. He called me again first thing Monday morning. We talked for awhile again and he asked to meet with me. I started trying to figure out how I could get to Salt Lake City that week when he called back and asked if I had Skype. We set up a Skype interview for the next morning. So I prepared for that interview. We went through the interview and they offered me the job right then and there. You know when you get that feeling in your stomach that casts doubt on a situation? That wasn’t even there. I knew this was the answer to my prayers and I accepted right away. I am so grateful for this opportunity. I am truly blessed. This is where I want my career to be going and it is the work I love to do. And I will be by family. I came into work that morning and gave my notice.
So now the work begins. I have been looking for places in Salt Lake City, packing, saying goodbyes, and everything else that goes with moving from one state to the other. My mind has been spinning with everything that has happened and the quickness in which it happened. Now that I have had time to focus on what I need to do though it is beginning to settle in.
Sadness
I have really begun to feel the sadness of making this move. While there is much joy in what I will be doing and in change, I am sad to be leaving the friends I have made and the people I love here in Oregon. I have meet so many incredible people and made some very dear friends that I will treasure for the rest of my life. Funny thing how people can come into your life for such a short time and yet make such an impression on your heart. They will be in my heart for a long time and I will miss them dearly while we are apart. My heart is breaking at the thought of leaving them. Luckily we have social networking these days and can keep in touch consistently. And I know that I have many dear friends still in Salt Lake City who have expressed such gladness at my coming back there.
So here is to my two homes. One I will be leaving, Oregon. Thank you for all the good times and good friends. And one I will be returning too, Salt Lake City. My heart will always belong to both.

When are you leaving? I knew this was coming but didn't expect it so soon. But I know it is a blessing for you. Good luck on your new adventure. You will be missed!
ReplyDeleteI am moving July 9th. It was fast!
ReplyDelete