If I could pick any color of paint to use, it would be the color of the sunset. But I have yet to capture that color in all of my design experience and knowledge. I think it is because sunsets mean so much more to me than just a color on the wall. I love watching sunsets. I equally love watching sunrises. There is something magical and peaceful in that time when the earth dawns a new day and then rests in preparation for the next. There is a stillness that cannot be found in the business of our fully sunlit hours. I think I just love the sun no matter what time of the day. My body and soul crave that energy from the sun. But it isn't just the watching of the sunset it is the whole experience. The hushed sounds, the smell of the earth as the cool air dampens the heat of the day, and the feeling of peacefulness that comes. I don't know if I can truly portray the feelings in my heart and soul as I watch this wonderful canvas of color that our Heavenly Father creates for us almost daily. I love watching the sunset wherever I am. At home, at the beach, in the mountains, against the city skyline or across a lake. I probably have thousands of pictures of the sunset, but none of them can capture the real beauty that is happening at that moment. They can only create memories of the feelings that were felt as I watch the day come to a spectacular and beautiful close. Take the time to watch a sunset. Slow down from the craziness of your life. I promise it will be moments well spent and will renew your soul.
This photo is from camping a few weeks ago. Mt. Timpanogos in the back ground.
The sunrise is Gods greeting - the sunset, his signature
Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment