Last week for our Young Women's activity for church we had the girls make these felt flowers. We had a couple of Cuttlebugs for the girls to cut out shapes of flowers or other things to make these flowers that they could use for hair barret's, pins, flowers for scarves or hats, etc. They had so much fun making the flowers. While sitting there I just free handed some flowers and pretty soon all of the other leaders wanted me to make them one. I was sent home with felt and chads for the center. So here is a little tutorial on how to make them.
First you just need different colors of felt, scissors and some chads to keep them all together. Begin cutting circles in different, gradiating sizes.
Cut leaves in your different color. Size and straightness of lines do not matter.
Arrange petals and leaves in at random making sure all of them overlap at one point in the center.
Create a hole in the center for the chad to go through. I just used my smaller sharp scissors because that is all I had.
Insert the chad in the center and secure it on the back. Stretch the edges of the petals and the leaves and Ta-Da!!! You have these fun little felt flowers that you can attach a barrett or pin with hot glue. They were pretty simple and fun to make. I have 4 more to make for other people. Maybe I should go into business. Or not.
Very cute! Sound like a fun activity.
ReplyDelete