
I make lists for everything. I have to physically write things down to commit them to memory. I have a little daytimer calendar that I carry in my purse with me so I can write things down because if I think I will write it down later, I usually have forgotten by the time later comes around. I keep notebooks by my bed because if I think of something while falling asleep, I have to write it down to remember it the next morning and to get it out of my head so I can actually sleep. I even once had a note to make a grocery list for shopping the next day. Pathetic, I know this. But I feel more organized when I do these things.
I make lists at work of things I know I need to work on or finish that day. I love the satisfaction and accomplishment that comes from checking an item off my list.
I make grocery lists for each separate store I need to go to. Those usually include Target, Fred Meyer or Winco and even if I am going to the craft store I have a list of the things I need. I also find it helps me stay within my budget because if it isn’t on the list I usually don’t buy it because I don’t think about it or remember it. Of course there are several occasions when I get home and I am going about my business and suddenly remember something that I didn’t get on the list and therefore didn’t get. Urgh!
I make lists of things I need to do at home, people I need to call, emails I need to send, and chores I need to do.
All these lists probably make me sound completely forgetful and probably a little crazy. I fully admit to being a little crazy and completely forgetful. I blame the forgetfulness on our way of life these days. I have so much going on in my head that I can’t keep things straight. But also as I mentioned before, making these lists gives me a really sick sense of pleasure and accomplishment in crossing things off the list when they are done!
By the way….. this was on my list of things to do today. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment