I was at a trade show this weekend and I had a lady catch me to talk about make-up. As she was talking, in due course, the subject of age came up. She said something about when she turned 35 and noticing that her face was getting older and I told her I knew what she meant. She looked at me puzzled and asked how old I was. I told her 35. She was shocked! She said she would have thought 18. I was flattered that she thought I was so much younger than my real age, but I at least wanted to be of legal age! Haha! I am glad that I still look so young because my body sure doesn't feel that way anymore. I know I have blogged about this before, but it is something I notice everyday. I strive to be healthy and to workout daily and eat right, but I have noticed, especially this last year, that my body takes a little longer to get out of bed every morning and to recover from a really good workout. But it won't stop me. I know my family history, so I want to maintain as healthy a lifestyle as I can. And I like to challenge myself. It keeps me motivated. Next year the Tough Mudder competition is coming to Utah. I am so there. I know my poor body will probably take a beating with that one, but I need to know I can do it. So I will pretend I am once again 24 and proceed to act that way until I complete that race. Hopefully it will keep me looking young.
Not quite 18, but I would take 24 again.

No comments:
Post a Comment