Monday, May 14, 2012

Bless the little child.....

Tonight while babysitting and playing outside with my 4 year old nephew, my sweet little 8 year old neighbor, Becca, was talking to me. Becca might be 8, however, I have decided she has an old spirit. She loves to mother all those around her. Our conversation went something like this-

Becca: I bet you just can't wait to have kids.
Me: (smiling) Oh sweetheart, that would be nice, but I don't think I will have my own.
Becca: But why not?
Me: Well, I would like to think that you should be married and then have kids and I don't think I will be getting married. Besides I am getting too old to have kids.
Becca: Well if I were a guy and I were your age, I would ask you out. You should have millions of guys asking you out because you are the prettiest lady I know.
I love this girl!
Me: (hugging her) Thank you so much sweetheart, you just made my whole week.

Of course our conversation went much further than this with her trying to find a solution for me to have children, including adoption. I told her that I have lots and lot of kids with her and her siblings and my neice and nephews. I feel blessed to be a part of all of their lives and to hopefully have some influence over them, even in a small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment