Lagoon
Several of us purchased season passes to Lagoon this year. It is the local amusement park. Fun times to be had by all. I am somewhat of an adrenaline junkie, not too extreme, but I still love a good thrill. Lagoon offers up some satisfaction to that adrenaline rush I crave. It is nice to just go when you want also.
Chicago
I was one of several designers in Salt Lake City selected to go (all expenses paid) to a design tradeshow in Chicago. It is huge, people from all over the world come to this thing. I was so fortunate to be sponsored by some very generous and gracious hosts. We did so many fun things. I don't think we sat down for more than a few minutes. Some highlights -
- Morning Run along Lake Michigan
- Morning bike ride (17 miles) along Lake Michigan
- Cooking Class
- Art Museum
- Cubs baseball game
- Deep Dish Pizza
- Millenium Park
- Architectural Boat Tour
- Segway Tour (so much fun)
- and the Trade Show
Overall a great trip with several new friends.
Manti Pageant
We were able to go, for the first time in years to the Manti Pageant. Dave, Shelley, Spencer, Jake, Bonnie and I went. We had a great night and the boys loved the Pageant because they are reading the Book of Mormon this year, so they recognized the stories. And they were the most entertaining car compainions I think I have ever had.
Glacier National Park
I have wanted to go here for years! I finally talked Bonnie, Kayla, and Cammie into going with me. I loved it! What a beautiful part of our country. I live in the mountains, but I was so amazed at these mountains. They are beautiful, grand, and old. I saw a bear! I wasn't in my car. It was about 30 yards away and crossed in front of us. I was so excited, shocked, and a little scared, I didn't even get a picture of it. But then, it happened pretty fast. We had a great time though.
Timpanogos Cave
This week I took my nephews, Spencer and Jake, to hike up to Timpanogos Cave. This was quite the adventure for them. It isn't a long hike, but it is 1 1/2 miles straight up. You gain about 1200 feet in that short time. So they felt like they conquered the mountain. They loved the caves though and seemed to have a great time. I think they slept really well that night. Haha!
So now onto the rest of the summer. We have the Neil Diamond concert this Saturday. I have wanted to see that my whole life. I will be in Portland, OR next week for a friends wedding. Several more Lagoon Trips, Pink Martini concert with the Utah Symphony at Deer Valley, camping, hiking, and as many more things as I can fit in.
I love summer!








No comments:
Post a Comment