Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Time marches on...

It seems like time just moves too fast. Summer is gone and fall is here. My two favorite seasons! I am feeling a little reflective today. It is my 36th birthday and I look back in awe at the life I have had. Yes, I have had regrets and disappointments, but overall I am so very blessed and have had so many wonderful opportunities for fun and adventure. 36 years. Don't they go in the blink of an eye? I still like to say I feel like I am in my 20's. I probably act like that sometimes as well. 
I love the quote from the movie 'Meet Joe Black' when Anthony Hopkins character says at his birthday party, '...I'm going to break precedent and tell you my one candle wish: that you would have a life as lucky as mine, where you can wake up one morning and say, "I don't want anything more."' 
I still have so much time so I do want more, but I hope when I reach a certain age I can say this very thing.

1976                                 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment