Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sunshine...

What a beautiful day! I went out to the park for lunch and to read. I am reading Band of Brothers right now and I highly recommend it to anyone. The series is great and so is the book. Anyway, as I am sitting there reading I hear all choreographed clapping. I look behind me and there is a group of people in their professional dress office clothing practicing the dance to Thriller! Haha! Not only a nice lunch in the park in the sun, but entertainment to boot! After lunch I had a staff meeting. As we were sitting there I noticed hanging from my coworkers hair was a spider. She hadn't noticed yet. Our staff meetings are not just there in the conference room, but we have our staff at our Vancouver offices on the speaker phone. Suddenly I yelled, 'Carol! You have a spider in your hair!' As I frantically grabbed by things off the table and backed away from her. I totally disrupted the meeting. So after they stupidly left the spider alive and removed it from the room, staff meeting resumed. Why they didn't just kill it is beyond me! This reminds me of a story that happened last spring. It was one of the first warm days of spring so I had my windows down as I drove home from the train station. I was stopped at a red light and put my sun visor down. As I did this a large, black spider fell in front of my face. After zeroing in on it cross eyed I screamed and tried to grab the web part it was hanging from and remove it out the window. It decided differently. It dropped into my lap. I screamed even louder and spread my legs so it would drop on the floor. It did and I proceeded (while still screaming with the windows down) to stomp on the spider to kill it. After killing it thoroughly and feeling quite relieved I looked up again only to discover I had taken my foot off the break and was inches away from hitting the car in front of me. I screamed again and slammed on the brakes, once again to feel great relief. What an ordeal I had! It was nice to get home that night. I am not a fan of spiders if you can't tell. But I am a fan of sunny days. Not too many of those left for awhile. Enjoy them while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment