Thursday, April 19, 2012

A River Runs Through It....

" ....in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River and a four-count rhythm and the hope that a fish will rise. Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters."

This is by far one of my favorite books and movies. As I said in my last post, I am taking a Fly Fishing class. The classroom part is over as of last night. I had so much fun and now we get to go out on the river Saturday. I can't even contain my excitment. Part of the instruction was learning how to tie our own flies! We learned that last night. My instructor said that your favorite flies and the ones you will use most are the ones you tie yourself. So far he is right. We learned to tie a Whooley Bugger last night. I loved it. At first I was terribly intimidated by the prospect of tying my own, however, after last night, it came quite quickly to me and I am very proud of my first fly. Now to get on the river and use it. So here it is. Not the best pictures because I took them with my phone, but hopefully I will have more to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment