Friday, April 6, 2012

They go this way, they go that way, they are confused....

..... at least I feel like that.

I keep thinking about all these things I want to write about on here and I never get to it. I have been a little busy lately. So here is a quick run down of the things I have been up too.

I started taking a Fly Fishing class a few weeks ago. It is a 5 week course and then we have several river trips. To say that I am excited about this has been an understatement. I have fished my whole life, but have wanted to learn the art of Fly Fishing for sometime. I say art because I think it is beautiful. There is just something so moving about seeing a Fly Fisherman on the river with the rhythmic count of the fly rod going back and forth in the air in the hope of making a big fish rise. Needless to say, although it is somewhat Hollywood, A River Runs Through It, is one of my favorite books and movies. The class is filled with mostly old men and some younger kids that came with their dads, but we have fun and everyone is so enthusiastic about it that we can't help but love it. My instructor is so passionate about Fly Fishing that it makes me almost giddy to get out on the river with my new St. Croix 9ft 5wt rod.

Ski Trip - I had a voucher to stay at a Bed & Breakfast at Bear Lake, Utah for a weekend. So Bonnie (my sister) and I decided to make a weekend of it and go skiing at one of my favorite resorts in Utah. I say favorite because I skied here during college and had some good time with great friends. So we drove up on a Friday night, stayed at this wonderful Inn with the nicest Hostess and then went skiing the next day. It was probably one of the most gorgeous days we could have gone. It had snowed earlier in the week so we had great snow, deep blue skies and sunshine abounding. It was a great weekend.



Running - To say I have been running is kind of old news, but because the weather has been improving so much it is exciting to say that I have had more chances of running outdoors, which after a winter of running inside is a pleasant and exciting prospect. I run better outside on the road than I do on a treadmill. I think I just generally do everything better in the outdoors.

Planning summer vacations - I have several activities planned for this summer. I am planning on a trip to Oregon in August for one of my best friends wedding. It will be nice to share in that exciting event with Lidia and Nik. They are wonderful people and I am excited to see them and other friends for a few days. I have also planned a trip to Montana and Glacier National Park with three of my favorite people. I love road trips! That will be in July. Just today, the prospect of a short trip at the end of June to Orlando and Disney World with Lidia came up. She is going for work and will have a hotel already so we may just have to do that. I have never been, so I am very excited and hope I can make that happen as well. I have also purchased several summer passes for activities around Utah. So my weekends are quickly filling up with trips, activities and camping this summer. I am excited for this because I haven't had a real vacation in several years. My vacations consisted of coming to Utah to see my family, but now that I live here, I can travel elsewhere.

Lecturing at my Alma Mater - I have been invited by some of my former Professors to lecture at Utah State University for the Interior Design Department. I have to prepare and hour and a half lecture telling the students about what it is like to have a career in the Interior Design profession and how to actually get the jobs. You know, real life kind of stuff. I hope I don't bore them to death. I am quickly starting to panic as the date (next Wednesday) looms closer.

So those things along with daily life have been keeping me busy. Work is also very busy as everyone tends to want to build in the spring and summer.

I am greatly looking forward to the next few months and summer. I love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment