I promised to post weekly about my progress during my 16 weeks of working with Jeremy at Stepping Stone nutrition. Last week we weren't able to meet. So this week when we met I was able to see the results. But first, I have learned a lot of things about myself while doing this.
First, I am a very absent minded eater. If something (food item) is lying around, I will usually snack on it. Big no, no! This is where I think my biggest downfall is. I just don't think about it and count it as part of the amount of food I should be eating daily.
Second, my portion sizes. Way too big for me! The funny thing about this is with the guideline diet I have been on I am eating more, as in structured balanced meals, but I am eating less in calories. All because of the food I am eating and the portion sizes, I am getting everything I need except the additional weight.
Third, I realize that I drink a lot of my calories. I don't think I have ever counted these or realized to count these before. I don't drink soda or anything like that, but I LOVE chocolate milk, hot chocolate, Jamba juice, etc., and now I know that I have to count that as practically a meal if I want some.
So after two weeks of really paying attention to what I eat and exercising according to what I eat, I have lost 4 lbs of fat. This is roughly 3% of my body weight. My clothes are beginning to feel looser and I don't feel gross in them every single day.
I am so glad I have begun working on these things and realizing my weaknesses. I feel like I am a contestant on my own Biggest Loser with the prize being a better, more focused me at the end. So onward and upward to a new and better lifestyle.

Good job Annette! I want to find a nutritionist too!
ReplyDelete